Man on Wire 2008. A gander at tightrope walker Philippe Petit’s challenging, however illicit, high-wire routine performed between New York City’s World Trade Center’s twin towers in 1974, what some consider, “the creative wrongdoing of the century.”
- Date: 29 August 2008
- Category :Documentary Movies
- Genre :Documentary, Biography, Crime
- Star :Philippe Petit, Jean François Heckel, Jean-Louis Blondeau
- Description :On August 7, 1974, Philippe Petit, a French wire walker, performer, and road entertainer days short of his 25th birthday, burned through 45 minutes strolling, moving, bowing, and lying on a wire he and companions hung between the housetops of the Twin Towers. Utilizes contemporary meetings, recorded footage, and amusements to recount the narrative of his past strolls between towers of Notre Dame and of the Sydney Harbor Bridge, his interests and kinships, and the points of interest of the night prior to the walk: getting link into the towers, escaping watchmen, and mounting the wire. It closes with perceptions of the significant changes the walk’s prosperity conveyed to Philippe and those nearest to him.Man on Wire is an energizing narrative about Philippe Petit who, because of his companions, figured out how to sneak into the World Trade Center in 1974 and do a high-wire act between the Twin Towers.
From the very begin of the film it pulls you in, this is an astonishing story and Petit is a stunning individual to record. Certainly, he’s a heedless individual and has a wild identity, yet he’s entrancing to watch. The meetings with him and his companions and “group” who pulled off the trick are to a great degree intriguing and extraordinary to watch. It’s fun watching old footage of Petit playing out some of his past demonstrations, this person truly has ability, and might be a bit excessively decided and insane. The reenactments are additionally very much recorded and a decent employment of recounting the story.
- Please clear your browser cache to fix the sound error.
- Try refreshing the page or CHANGE SERVER if the video error.
- The video keeps buffering? Just pause it for 5 – 10 minutes, then continue playing.
- For Mobile users require IOS 8.0 and Android 4.0 .